Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Second operation


So, I don’t have cataracts anymore! Mom just wants to stare into my eyes because now my pupils are black! Before they were kind of milky.

My operation today went ok. While I was under anaesthetic Dad and Uncle Peter Brauer figured out what contact lens I’ll need for my right eye. My right is looking good – no infection from last week’s surgery so that's an answer to prayer! Then Dr Pauw removed the cataract on my left eye. My left eye is in better shape than my right eye, but again, he couldn’t put a lens into it, so we’ll just have to use a contact lens on that eye as well to help me to see a bit. I’ll need what’s called a ‘plus 35’, so if you wear glasses or contact lenses you’ll know what that means. If I were to wear glasses they would be really, really, really thick…! As long as I don’t get glaucoma or a retinal detachment I’ll be able to see shapes and stuff, and walk around on my own. So please keep on praying that those things don’t happen to me.

My new sunglasses arrived today so now I’m almost as cool as my Dad! But not quite.

I’m so glad my operations are over, at least for a while. Thank you for praying so much for me!

Love Cameron

3 comments:

Bernie said...

Hi Cameron, Just a quick note to say we're so grateful that your cataracts are all gone now.I'm sure it will be cool to start seeing some shapes!While you were fast asleep so Dr Pauw and Dad could look at your eyes,we were praying for you here in NZ.Isn't that cool- it was night here and day your side! There are heaps of people here praying for you-so you will need to ask Mom and Dad to make a plan to come a meet them!! Love,Aunty Bernie

Bron said...

Hey little Cameron, prayers coming your way from the Middle East too big guy!

Thank you for your guys' faith Dalene, we will continue to pray for you all.

Love Ryan, Bron and your little friend Donna

Fernanda Morais said...

Hey my prayers are coming all the way from NY.. i hope everything is ok and that Dalene and Murray carry on beliving that God is bigger than anything here in this world
luv you guys
Fernanda Morais