Sunday, September 14, 2008

Of eye drops and arm straps and the future



Hi everyone, it’s me, Cameron…

Mom and Dad got a good night’s sleep last night, ‘cause Dr Pauw said we could slow down on the eye drops. They only have to put drops in my eyes every two hours, and only during the day. I’m getting used to the drops now and they don’t even sting me anymore.

Granny made me these cool orange straps for my arms, so that I can’t pull off my eye patch. It’s not too bad; I can still squirm around with my legs! And they can’t strap down my sense of humour. I still find lots of things funny, like when Nanna kisses my cheeks.

Mom has been really blessed to hear that so many of her St Alban’s boys have been praying for me. Loads and loads of them went to the Chapel early on Wednesday morning to pray for my operation. Mom and Dad would really love to send me to a school like St Alban’s one day. I know it’s ages away in the future, but it would be great if you could pray that I would be able to go to a mainstream school, even though I probably won’t be able to see. There’s lots of amazing technology, and smart dogs like Lola, that might be able to help me to go to school with other kids who can see. Granny put a picture of me in amongst these St Alban’s boys, because she likes to be able to look at what she’s dreaming for me! :)

No comments: