Friday, October 10, 2008

Me at 6 months




On Tuesday I was 6 months old! Can you believe I’m already half a year?

My contact lenses from the UK arrived at Dad’s work today, so we’ll try those out this weekend. It will be nice to be able to have a long snooze during the day, instead of being woken after half an hour. But I don’t mind these other lenses; I don’t even feel them in my eyes! And I do think they are helping me to see things. I’d never seen Lola before, ‘cause she’s not bright pink or anything, but the other day she was lying next to me on the carpet and I reached out and grabbed her paw!

Everyone reckons my other senses are really developing strongly, too. I even hear Dad’s footsteps on the paving when he comes home from work. When I’m with Granny in the mornings she plays with me in all sorts of ways, like taking me round the garden to smell the flowers. I like to grab a rose with both my hands and bury my whole face in it. I love the way the petals feel, and the smell! And Granny doesn’t mind that the rose isn’t quite the same afterwards.

On Monday I go back to the Baby Therapy Centre to see Anri-Louise and Liezl. They want to see how I’m doing. I can sit and roll and I turn my head in the direction of sounds, and when I’m on my tummy I push myself up and kick my legs – I really want to start crawling soon! So hopefully they will hug me and tell me they are proud of me!

Then on Wednesday Uncle Jacobus (Dr Pauw) is going to do another examination under anaesthetic, with Dad there to check the prescription of my contact lenses. I saw Uncle Jacobus on Tuesday and he said my eyes are looking fine, after the surgery. He’s really pleased that I’m reaching out to objects in front of me.

In 2 Peter 1:3 it says that God has given me everything I need for life and godliness. That’s really encouraging, because it means that I don’t even need to be able to see like other people to have the most splendiferous and abundant life imaginable, and to be all God wants me to be.

Please keep on praying for my Mom and Dad. They still have difficult days.

The photos are of me playing with one of my light box toys (hair gel and food colouring in a ziplock bag), playing of the bed with Nanna, and an outing to Irene Dairy with Aunty Coral, Meagan, Craig and Granny. :)

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Dear Cameron
I just wanna make sure I remember my password then I will write a longer letter!!!
Aunty Bernie

Bernie said...

Yipee!! I remembered!! When you get a little older,you will have this problem-but now you're having a fantastic 6 month celebration-good on you as we say here in Kiwiland!!
I love your toys that your very clever Mom and Dad have made for you!! It sounds like you;re a pretty smart fella too- seeing Lola's paw so well:) Hey,guess what??? We have just come back from a week's holiday in a place called Hawkes Bay.That's the region's name.We did some serious testing of our taste buds all week.We tried some real dark chocolate at the chocolate factory.Then had some hot choc with chilli.Ask Mom to tell you who Jamie Oliver is.He's made it a really cool thing to try chilli with choc.Even Uncle Rich tried it!!Man-that was something.Uncle Rich doesn't like hot stuff!!He's not a burny kind of person like me(heehee!!!).Anyway...we also tried real fruit frozen yoghurt and icecreams.Hawkes Bay is called the fruit bowl of the country-they grow most of the country's fruit in this area.So,we HAD to try the real thing!!!Then we also tried different apples-not like the kind you can get-many different types.There is even one called Jazz.Sounds like a yummy apple to me!We had heaps of fun using our tongues to taste all these things!!What are your favourite tastes? Geoffie likes chocolate.Stuie likes pizza.Uncle Rich likes mint and lamb.I like the taste of lemon pudding with cream.Now I'm getting hungry:) We'll chat again later and know we're praying for you and thin of you heaps.Please blow your mommy some kisses cause I love her-not like you,but in my special way!! Love you lots,Aunty Bernie