Monday, December 8, 2008

Eight months












































































































































































I had ‘baby measles’ last week, but I’m fine now.

I was eight months old yesterday! I celebrated by taking Mom and Dad to Joburg Zoo with the Stokkers and the Paynes. It was really fun.

Today I went to the BTC for my therapy with Liezl and Anri-Louise. It was so cool to see them. They are always so encouraging and pleased with my progress. I love them a lot. And I loved Liezl’s stripy shirt. They gave us a whole lot of new gross motor, tactile and visual exercises and activities to do at home.

Then Mom and I visited Dad at work so that he could shine lights in my eyes some more and check my left lens. He’s still not totally happy with it. He’s ordered another one (this will be the fourth one!) – each time he gets the prescription a little bit closer to what we think is accurate. It’ll be great when I can talk and tell him how much I can see; that’ll make it easier for him. There’s a man in Joburg who has been making contact lenses his whole life – he’s 80-something now – and he’s never had to make contact lenses like mine before, so lots of people are learning new things because of my eyes.

I’ve learned how to shriek really, really loudly. I quite like the sound of it. I practised a lot today. Poor Mom. I also like to climb the burglar bars and security gates, and stick my tongue out as far as it can go. When I come across something new I first feel it very lightly with my finger tips for a while. I like swimming with Mom in the pool, and I get very excited when she lets me switch my bedroom light on and off.
Mom took my lenses out on her own tonight 'cause Dad wasn't home yet and it was my bedtime. I didn't wiggle 'cause I knew she was probably nervous.

No comments: