Thursday, December 11, 2008

Aunties, cousins, teeth, etc.















































































Liezl and Anri-Louise, my physio and OT, said I should play in rice or beans or sand – sensation bowls! Mom made me a ‘samp’ tub and a rice tub. I have to find buried objects! Like these rings, or little Christmas balls, or coloured cards with different shapes. Sometimes the things I find look and feel completely different to the rice or samp. That’s called high visual and tactual contrast. Other times they look and feel quite similar (which is called low visual and tactual contrast). It’s quite fun playing in my bowls, but sometimes I get tired and my nappy gets full of rice.

The other pics are of me with my aunties and cousins, and me playing with the animals in my room. They aren’t real animals. The elephant I’m chewing after my bath, for example, is much smaller than a real elephant, but it’s the same shape. I went to the zoo again today (the one in Pretoria) with Granny and Grandpa and co. and I got to hear real lions roaring.

Two new teeth are coming through. I have five altogether. On Tuesday my gums were bleeding and I have been quite miserable.

No comments: