Monday, May 3, 2010

Lots happening this month


I took this photo on one of the many rainy days we’ve had over the past couple of weeks... My indoor entertainment ideas were already running low, and then Cam started eating the crayons...! :)

The month of May had an exciting start! Cam, my folks, Coral, Meagan, Craig and I all travelled down to Scottburgh this weekend to see Murray and Toby finish the 9 day, 923 km Joberg2C mountain bike race. I’m married to a hero! :) I was so impressed that they finished strong, despite various injuries et al. I will post photos of the race soon... Cam and I really missed Murray and we were thrilled that Daddy was ‘finished riding his red bike’. Murray is stiff and sore and ecstatic to have done it all. And we’ll have to start saving for a tandem so Cam can do this sort of thing with him when he’s a bit bigger...!

I’d like to ask for prayer for various other happenings this month.

We’ve been invited to share our story of the past two years – with regard to Cameron’s eyes, our reactions, our faith – at a conference at a church in Pietermaritzburg, on 15th May.

On Wednesday 19th May, Cam goes in for another EUA (exam under anaesthetic). Pray for Murray and Jacobus as they check, measure, assess, refract... Pray that the pressure in his eyes will be low.

On Thursday 20th May it’ll be two years to the day that we found out about Cam’s eyes.

The three (four!) of us are going away for a quiet family weekend from 21-23 May. Pray for a time of refreshing and rest. I’ve been asked about Cam’s eyes a lot lately, and for some reason it’s been hard again. We will also need to ‘go back to the beginning’ as we prepare for, and speak at, the conference. It’s not easy to force my mind back to where we were two years ago.

On Thursday 27th May I will be 22 weeks pregnant and we’ll be going for an extra special scan at the Foetal Assessment Centre, to check how Baby No. 2 is developing, and if there are any signs of congenital cataracts. I’ve had a great pregnancy so far and I’ve hardly dwelt upon the portentous possibilities, but when I do it is somewhat terrifying.

Speaking of Baby No. 2, he is kicking lots (just soft little polite kicks; nothing violent yet!). I can’t wait to meet him, and to start blogging his little life, too! :)

Lately I’ve heard a few messages on the life of Joseph, from different sources. What has struck me is that as believers our promotion is in the hands of God. If he wants us in a particular position or circumstance, he will put us there, regardless of earthly circumstances, disabilities, etc. Joseph had ‘slave’ on his CV; next thing he was prime minister! From a worldly point of view, he had no prospects, and yet God’s plans for his life were bigger than he could ever have imagined. He also recognised that God was orchestrating and using the events of his life – ‘You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good’ (Genesis 50:20). And I’ve been blown away by how Joseph forgave completely, and was willing to die to self.

No comments: