Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Elephants and miracles and cars


Cam has graduated from the Bunny Class to the Elephant Class, at Heavenly Babies (we are so proud :)). Aunty Lyn is his new teacher. She is pure kindness and love, and Cam has settled down quickly. I’ve been away for the past two nights, on a New Boys Camp. By day 2 Cam really wanted his Mommy back... :( which tugged unbearably on my heart strings... but most happily I am home and he is smiling!

Cam is seriously into cars at the moment. He is building up a little fleet (his Mini Cooper is pictured here, with Lola and his juice, having an afternoon snooze in our room after a busy morning of racing...).

I quickly snapped the other photo when I came into his room the other day and found him on his bed reaching up for his dragon fly mobile. It spoke so strongly to me of miracles and grace. My Mom gave Cam that mobile when he was born, and Murray hung it up in his room the same weekend that we moved into Maldon Road. It was three days later that we found out about Cam’s eyes, and it was hard for me even to look at that mobile because it seemed to mock us. What was the point of hanging it up when Cam couldn’t even see it? What a journey Cam has walked since then! To think that he was born blind, and yet now he reaches up to touch and examine up-close his sparkling bedroom insects... How awesome, how incredible.

God continues to hold us in the hollow of His hand.

No comments: