Saturday, April 11, 2009

Birthday week























































































































































Hey! Here are some photos of my (actual) birthday on 7 April (I slept through all my presents so Mom and Dad got to open them). And then there are some pics of me playing around the house, and having an Easter-weekend-autumn-picnic on the fields with the van Reenens.

In the past two weeks I’ve really grown up a lot. I’m ONE now, you know. I’m walking and waving and saying real words (a few), with meaning and purpose. Mom says I’m my own person now. She says I’m independent and brave and that I am thinking and deciding for myself now about lots of stuff. That’s why she says she’s going to use her own words from now on, when she records all my adventures on this blog. She doesn’t want to put words in my mouth anymore because I’m getting big and pretty soon I’ll be able to tell my own stories. So until I know my letters and I can type, Mom will just tell you about what I’m up to and how it’s going with my eyes in her own words. (By the way, I’m learning something called pre-Braille. Granny has done all this research and I need to start learning this stuff while I’m still really little so that my fingertips will become super sensitive. I’m also going to learn normal letters, because if they are really big and really close I should be able to see them. So we’ve got Braille labels now, around the house and on a whole bunch of my stuff. Cool hey?!)

May the God who made Autumn leaves and soft puppies and cinnamon and hugs, bless you this Easter weekend!

No comments: