Sunday, February 8, 2009

Some nastiness; lots of hope















































































On Saturday two children were nasty to me for the first time. They laughed at me because my eyes are squint. I guess it was the first of many times to come, when kids will be mean to me because of my eyes. Mom and Dad were very upset, but they said I must always remember that what people think of me doesn’t change who I am.

I’m going to be starting at a new school in March! The people at the Baby Therapy Centre chatted to Mom and said that they really think I need to go to another school now, with children who can see. They say I’m not getting enough stimulation where I am now. I guess that’s a good thing ‘cause it means that maybe I’m quite clever. I’m not so sure, ‘cause I still bump into stuff sometimes. I’ll really miss Lizl, Anri-Louise, Liz, Yvonne, Samantha and all the others, but I’m excited to meet new people and learn new things.

Lola is doing fine. She’s really boisterous with everyone except me. When I crawl around she keeps going ahead of me and lying in the doorway of the room I’m in, or just blocking my way in the middle of the room. I have to climb right over her. She just lies still and lets me tug at her.

Two more sleeps until my EUA.

No comments: