Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sea, sand, cycling, school...















































































Quite a lot has been happening in my life in the past week or so!

Last week Dad and Uncle Toby did the ‘Sani 2 C’ mountain bike race. It’s so hardcore! Nearly 300 km of hectic, off-road, steep, muddy riding, for three days! (What’s cool is that a blind guy did the race, on a tandem bike with his dad.) Mom, Aunty Coral, Meagie, Craig and I went along to cheer for Dad and Uncle Toby, and then we stayed in Scottburgh for a couple of days which was awesome ‘cause I got to play in the sand and sea again, which I totally love. (I also ate some Form 4 essays about Shakespeare’s Henry V. I’m learning about being disciplined because that’s the sort of thing I’m not supposed to do.) Unfortunately Dad and I both came down with a nasty bug of sorts, which wasn’t a whole lot of fun…

Yesterday was my first day at my new school, Heavenly Babies. I really like it there! Mom stayed with me yesterday to make sure that I knew my way around. My teacher is Janine, and my two carers are Stella and Constance. I have seven new friends in the class with me, and we do all sorts of cool stimulation programmes, music, etc etc. We get breakfast and lunch, and Granny fetches me at 11h30. I have my own cot and my own cupboard, and on each of them is this little sign:

Cameron
Inherent meaning: One of prominence
Spiritual connotation: Spiritual potential
‘For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.’ – Psalm 36:9
Murray & Dalene Reyburn
7 April 2008

Cool hey?! Every baby has a special verse that’s just for them. I think mine is particularly amazing.

My great-aunty Pam and great-uncle Jack came for supper last week. It’s so encouraging for Mom and Dad to chat to them about me. They told Mom and Dad about Gideon. He felt as if he couldn’t cope with what God was asking him to do, but God said to him, ‘Go with the strength you have...’ (Judges 6)

No comments: